Onset is currently in alpha version; the game is continually updated by this creator (Talos). On this page, we have listed all changes applied to the game since first releases.
Onset 1.8.0-alpha (Protocol Compatibility 9)
- Improve pine tree LODs and increase their draw distance.
- Improve the look of pine and beech trees during night.
- Improve forest vegetation.
- The player can no longer enter the vehicle while reloading.
- Some map collision fixes.
- Improve body, lower head (neck) textures, and body mask texture.
- Fix crash related to On*NetworkUpdatePropertyValue event.
- New Lua functions:
- SetPlayerClothingPreset, SetNPCClothingPreset (works like the old model system in case you don't want to manually set each clothing item)
- Add some materials that you can use to do basic shading
ColorParameters: BaseColor, Metallic, Specular, Roughness, EmissiveColor
- /Game/Scripting/Materials/MI_OpaqueUnlit (Fastest rendering)
- /Game/Scripting/Materials/MI_TranslucentLit (Use alpha value of BaseColor to control translucency)
ColorParameters: BaseColor, Metallic, Roughness, EmissiveColor
- UnrealLua enhancements:
- Remove model identifier from NPCs (apply clothing items the same way as you do for players)
- Improve accuracy for object locations (@Swizz)
- Remove CreateLight; a much better solution will be possible with the UnrealLua API in one of the next updates
- Remove SetPickupVisibleForPlayers
- Add SetPickupVisibility, SetText3DVisibility
- Add SetPlayerRagdoll, SetNPCRagdoll
- Add HexToRGBAFloat
- Add SetPlayerVoiceDimension
Onset 1.7.1-alpha (Protocol Compatibility 8)
- Add UTexture2D.LoadFromFile, this function creates a UTexture2D out of any image file in your packages
- Add UStaticMesh to UnrealLua definition
- Fix spawn location from the server
- Add some missing doors
- Add Town level second half proxy
- Rename project files to OnsetServer.
- Fix Destroy* functions-
Update WorldDoors.lua and weapons.json (contains Taser config)
New wiki pages
You can see official changelogs here.